Stacy Barter's Oil Paintings depict her intense fascination with light and atmosphere. She is constantly striving to capture depth and dimension in her oil paintings, along with accuracy and light. Working from life, whether it's outside painting a landscape, or in studio, painting fresh flowers or working with a model is her true passion.
In her 20 years as a full-time professional artist, Stacy has won many top awards in some of the most important organizations and exhibitions in the country and is part of entertainment/celebrity and museum collections.
Stacy teaches workshops throughout the country as well as internationally and is on Senior Faculty at Crealde School of Art. Her own learning, growth and development are of utmost importance to her as well and she seeks out study with Master Painter’s she holds in high regard.
In addition to showing ongoing in galleries throughout the country, Stacy has exhibited in many national exhibitions as a member of the Plein Air Painters of the Southeast, Oil Painters of America, The Portrait Society of America, The Impressionists Society of America, The National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society and has won numerous awards in the process. Here are a few of her prized acknowledgements.
• Best in Show $25,000 award Blossom-Art of Flower International Exhibition and Museum Tour
• Artist’s Choice Award – 2018 Carmel Art Festival, Plein Aire Competition
• John R. Grabach Memorial Award for Artistic Excellence at the American Artists Professional League, 89th Annual Grand National Exhibition
• 2018 Exhibition acceptance schedule- Oil Painters of America Eastern Regional, American Impressionist Society 19th Annual National Juried, National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society-Best of America National Juried, Oil Painters of America Salon Show of Traditional Oils, Orlando Nude Nite, Vernissage Celebrating the Nude
• Award of Distinction – 2017 Naples National Art Show
• Award of Excellence - 2017 Maitland Rotary Art Festival
• First Place, Carmel Art Festival and Plein Aire Competition, 2016
• First Place Award, Winter Park Paint Out Quick Draw, 2016
• Best in Show American Artists Professional League, NYC
• Award of Excellence for Best Figurative, Oil Painters of America Salon Show, 2015
• Best in Oil or Acrylic Award and Mayor's Choice Award, Carmel Art Festival, 2014
• Two time winner for Best Floral, American Artists Professional League (74th and 82nd Annual Events)
• Best in Show 8th Annual Ray Mar Art Contest for November 2014
• Two Merit Awards and Members Only Staff Pick by the Executive Director - Portrait Society of America, 2013
• Permanent collection, Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden
• Permanent collection of The Gulf Coast Museum of Art and Leepa Rattner Museum